Re: [ecasound] .ecs sample?

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 02:03:59 EET

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 10:59:33AM -0700, Dave Serls wrote:
> Would someone post a sample .ecs file, say for a multi-track recording
> or mixdown session? I've really tried looking for file examples on the WEB
> but have had no luck.

The most important documentation is provided with ecasound.
Just point your browser to ...../doc/ecasound/index.html.
This is where the show begins. Read the examples
and the man pages.

Listed there I find this helpful link:

http://cantor.ee.ucla.edu/~jsab/ecasound.html

In these examples, you see that different chain setups are
needed for each step in the process.

After various hair-pulling frustrations trying to
write .ecs files directly, I would suggest a
newcomer build chain setups interactively by
running ecasound with the -c option, working
with commands till you get the setup you want, then
using ecasound to write the .ecs file.

Depending on your needs, you might also want to
explore one of the ecasound front ends.

Hope that helps.

--
Joel Roth
Ecmd - A multitrack recording GUI for Ecasound