Re: [ecasound] changing values fast generates zipper-noise

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 20:13:55 EEST

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I recently had a few problems. I tried to change volume with -ea very fast
> and it generated zipper noise. I noticed this happened with a few other
> effects as well.
[...]
> Any ideas how to avoid this, besides doing the change slower, for that is

Ecasound doesn't currently interpolate controller values, which can lead
to zipper noise and other artefacts in some cases. Easiest way (aside
implementing the interpolation) is to decrease buffersize (-b:xx), which
currently defines the controller change granularity.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv