Re: [ecasound] Mangled return values to int-cmd-list via libecasoundc

From: Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 06:12:45 EEST

Hi Joel,

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Ecasound v. 2.4.4.
>
> Running 'int-cmd-list' from the Ecasound command line
> returns the correct list of functions.
>
> Running the same command via libecasoundc (via perl's
> Audio::Ecasound) returns a somewhat mangled list.
>
> I wonder if anyone using pyecas or the elisp
> interface could try running 'int-cmd-list' and
> see if the problem arises for you.
>
> At present I'm not aware of a problem with any
> other iam command.
>
> Here is a sample of the kind of mangling.
>
> ao-adda@email-addr-hidden
> ao-add-defaultn
> ao-attachfa
> ao-forwardaatt
> ao-get-formatt
> ao-get-length
> ao-get-length-samplese
> ao-get-positionasamples
> ao-get-position-samples
> ao-getposselect-
> ao-index-select-
> ao-iselecte
> ao-listeet
> ao-removet
> ao-rewind
> ao-select
> ao-selectedlion
> ao-set-position
> ao-set-position-samples
> ao-setposs
> ao-status
> ao-wave-editi
>
> --
> Joel Roth

Just tried int-cmd-list in pyeca and the python eci module and it works
fine. I'm not really familiar with Audio::Ecasound, but I'll try and
have a look at it over the weekend.

That mangling looks like it could be unterminated c-strings somewhere.

Good luck.

BTW - if you want a sneak peak at my eca gui, have a look at
http://allie.opensrc.org/secafe/secafe.html

Stuart