Re: [ecasound] flac error END_OF_STREAM

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 02:25:20 EEST

Hi,

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Florian Ladstaedter wrote:

> I started to use ecasound with jack for home recording. I'd like to use flac,
> but ecasound seems to have problems with it. The resulting file can be used
> by playback applications, but the determination of the length fails
> (header?).

hmm, this is interesting. It seems flac doesn't react well to a
SIGTERM sent to it after the pipe between ecasound and flac is closed.

If the SIGTERM is sent (as ecasound does now), the resulting flac file
data will be ok, but the STREAMINFO header is not valid (see 'metaflac
--list foo.flac'). If no SIGTERM is sent, STREAMINFO is ok.

I've now made some changes to ecasound CVS that fix the problem for flac.
Let me know if it works for you. Basicly I've postponed the SIGTERM
cleanup and give flac (and other ext-piped tools) the chance to exit
cleanly. Ecasound will still send the SIGTERM if process is around when
the chainsetup is eventually released.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv