Re: [ecasound] recording from jack

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 15 2006 - 16:15:31 EEST

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Jure Pear wrote:

> Now I have this:
>
> for i in `seq 16`
> do
> ecasound -f:32,2,48000 -a:ch$i -i jack -o ch$i.wav
> -G:jack,ecarec_ch$i & sleep 1
> jack_connect alsa_pcm:capture_$i ecarec_ch$i:in_1
> jack_connect alsa_pcm:capture_$i ecarec_ch$i:in_2
> done

This looks ok, but note that each ecasound will start recording right
away. If you want to ecasound instances to only run when the JACK system
transport is rolling (as seen from qjackctl), then use
"-G:jack,ecarec_ch$i,recv".

> I can see in qjackctl that connections are properly set up. The jackd
> is running. However, when I click the play button ('start transport
> rolling'), the green text blinks 'Starting' for a moment and goes back
> to stopped immediately. I guess this narrows down my 'not recording'
> problem to jack. How can I debug it? Running it with -v does not give

Hmm, that's a bit odd. You can add '-dd' to ecasound command-line (or to
use other tools, such as "jack_tranport" which comes with JACK), and see
what is printed when the transport is stopped.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv