Re: [ecasound] recording from jack

From: Jure Pečar <pegasus@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 17:14:41 EEST

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 01:14:34 +0300 (EEST)
Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> That's a good point. If you set ecasound to "recv" mode, ecasound
> will not broadcast the "start/stop/setpos" commands to other JACK
> clients and engine won't start until JACK transport starts to roll.
> OTOH, in "send" and "sendrecv" modes, these commands will affect both
> the local engine and all transport aware JACK clients.

Now I have this:

for i in `seq 16`
do
        ecasound -f:32,2,48000 -a:ch$i -i jack -o ch$i.wav
-G:jack,ecarec_ch$i & sleep 1
        jack_connect alsa_pcm:capture_$i ecarec_ch$i:in_1
        jack_connect alsa_pcm:capture_$i ecarec_ch$i:in_2
done

I can see in qjackctl that connections are properly set up. The jackd
is running. However, when I click the play button ('start transport
rolling'), the green text blinks 'Starting' for a moment and goes back
to stopped immediately. I guess this narrows down my 'not recording'
problem to jack. How can I debug it? Running it with -v does not give
any clues ...

--
Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org