Re: [ecasound] recording from jack

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 01:14:34 EEST

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Justin Rosander wrote:

> ecasound -c -i:jack_auto,client_name -o:output.wav
> -G:jack,eca_slave,recv
>
> After I type "start" from iam, ecasound will kindly wait until I hit
> "start" from another jack client. The manpage goes over this somel, and
> covers arguments for the transport "send" and "sendrecv".

That's a good point. If you set ecasound to "recv" mode, ecasound will not
broadcast the "start/stop/setpos" commands to other JACK clients and
engine won't start until JACK transport starts to roll. OTOH, in "send"
and "sendrecv" modes, these commands will affect both the local engine and
all transport aware JACK clients.

Now, the "engine-launch" command, that I mentioned in my last post, is
needed in some cases when you want to start the engine, but do not want to
send the "start" signal to other JACK clients (especially useful in the
default "sendrecv" mode).

These are all documented in the manpages - although not in great detail.
Ideas/patches for improving the manpages are welcome. :)

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv