[ecasound] FreeBSD-5.x ecasound issues (was: Re: (eca-control) ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed)

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 14:55:32 EEST

Hi,

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Valery wrote:

> I just do that (2.4.0), but the problem was still.
> Well, some guys like me (ie. using oss/fbsd) must know :
[...]
> ********** WARNING WARNING FREEBSD/OSS-3.99.x USERS ***************
> - DON'T FORGET TO COPY YOUR ${OSSLIBPREFIX}/oss/include/sys/*
> INTO YOUR /usr/include/sys/. BEFORE COMPILING/BUILDING ECASOUND.
> (or any product using your sound card)
>
> Perhaps adding this tips to your Docs... Hope this post would be
> registered by search engine...

thanks for this info. If you can point me to (the sources of) an audio
app that uses, and can be compiled without the above error on FreeBSD 5.x,
I might able to fix the Ecasound build system to handle this case.

Anyways, this info should be in the web search engine dbs by now.

> I got just this warning :
> DBC_CHECK failed - "sizeof(long int) == sizeof(off_t)",
> eca-fileio-stream.cpp, 159
> when recording from dsp to .wav diskfile, but not when passing through
> from a dsp to another dsp
> Nevertheless, the .wav file seem to be good and is audible.
> If any advices about that ...

Ok, I've fixed this today in CVS. The failed check is harmless in this
case. Btw, does compiling with "./configure --enable-largefile" work under
FreeBSD 5.x?

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv