Re: [ecasound] DBC_REQUIRE failed

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 15:12:12 EEST

Hi,

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

> Is this anything to be worried about? I'm guessing not, because it's
> just a Warnning. But, I would like to understand what's happening.

the DBC (=> design-by-contract) warnings are usually harmless, but it's
still a good idea to report them to me.

The DBC checks are used to codify any assumptions made in the code, and
sometimes also assumptions which are somewhat uncertain to begin with
(especially with platform dependent code, testing on all different systems
is impossible, so it's best to mark the spot in case someone runs the code
on a machine on which the assumptions do not hold).

> Warning: DBC_REQUIRE failed - "to_pos < length_in_samples()",
> samplebuffer.cpp, 295.
>
> I get it when playing looping .ewf files. It occurs once per pass
> through the source .wav file.

Hmm, there seems to be a cornercase, which I have to check more closely.
Either the check is incorrect, or there's is a bug (which my still be
harmless, sometimes the code work ok by accident ;)).

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv