Re: [ecasound] mono to mono. (also: example of 44.1 resample to 8k)

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 18:57:22 EEST

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Brad Fuller wrote:

> The input in the following two examples is mono with a SR of 8k. I want a
> mono output file. But, no matter what I put as the '-f' parameters, ecasound
> still outputs a 2channel output file. In fact, I get the same w/o specifying
> '-f' or even if I set the #channels to '4'.

My guess is you didn't remove the 2ch output file before trying to with
different parameters. By default ecasound never overwrites existing output
files, but instead updates their content. In these cases the audio format
of the existing file will be used.

> Maybe this will be something:
> When I try to resample from 44100 to 8000 I receive the following error:
>
> Warning: DBC_CHECK failed - "impl_repp->rt_lock_rep != true",
> samplebuffer.cpp, 850.

This is only a warning (= we are doing something unsafe in realtime
context), not an error (unless you get these warnings all the time
during processing).

> Here's the whole stdout. BAT2013.wav is 44100, mono. From the outputed text,
> it looks like ecasound thinks that the input file is 8k. (Maybe i have the
> args wrong.)
[...]
> [bfuller@email-addr-hidden test]$ ecasound -f:16,1,8000 -i:resample,44100,BAT2013.wav -o:BAT2013_8k.wav

That should work just fine, and also the output looks fine.
The resample object wraps BAT2013.wav, so that from the engine point
of view it seems like a 44100Hz input.