Re: [ecasound] mono to mono. (also: example of 44.1 resample to 8k)

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 19:29:10 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> The input in the following two examples is mono with a SR of 8k. I
>> want a mono output file. But, no matter what I put as the '-f'
>> parameters, ecasound still outputs a 2channel output file. In fact, I
>> get the same w/o specifying '-f' or even if I set the #channels to '4'.
>

> My guess is you didn't remove the 2ch output file before trying to
> with different parameters. By default ecasound never overwrites
> existing output files, but instead updates their content. In these
> cases the audio format of the existing file will be used.

Ah... that's something that I didn't dawn on me. I just looked and
couldn't find this explanation in the man page (I would think it would
be in the -o: or -f explanation.) I'm sure I just overlooked it.

thanks for the help!

brad

BTW: the link on your site's ecasound manpage
(.../Documentation/ecasound_manpage.html) for the link at the bottom:
"See _ecasound_user's_guide_" goes no where.

--
Brad Fuller
(408) 799-6124