Re: [ecasound] Ecasound 2.4.0 released

From: Junichi Uekawa <dancer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 14:34:30 EET

Hi,

> Oh well, I added a notice to the download page to warn about this problem.
> The quick fix is to add --disable-arts to configure. I'll try to release a
> new snapshot that contains a better fix (already in CVS).
>
> Btw; personally I'd recommend to drop aRts support from the Debian
> ecasound package. Ecasound has never supported the full aRts API, just the
> libartsc compability layer. So basicly you can get the same functionality
> by running ecasound with artsdsp wrapper (which I guess is very common way
> to run audio apps in KDE when aRts is enabled). And having aRts support
> enabled by default does make the ecasound package a little more fragile to
> changes in the build environment.

Debian package for ecasound 2.4.0 is currently build with '--disable-arts'
and uploaded.

I was planning to re-upload with arts support reintroduced later,
but with your explanation, I would rather drop arts support from Debian package.

regards,
        junichi

--
$B>e@email-addr-hidden(B $B=c0l(B Junichi Uekawa, Debian Developer
17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4