Anyone successful in OSX?

Subject: Anyone successful in OSX?
From: H.TOMARU (mlht_AT_papageno.rim.or.jp)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 15:43:27 EET

Hello, has anyone succeeded in recording sound by Ecasound with Jack in
Mac OS X?

I'm a new member and also new to computer audio.
I'm searching for a command-line recording tool for timer recording in
Mac OS X.
Currently, Ecasound + Jack is the only one.

I installed Jack from http://www.jackosx.com/ and it seems to be OK
with a few applications
such as AudioIn.

With Ecasound-2.3.5 I cannot even connect to Jack.
With Ecasound-2.3.3 I can record but the resulting file contains white
noise.

Before seeking advice for what I have done, I would like to hear the
success story
with Jack in Mac OS X.

If anyone is successful, please tell me the command that you typed.
Any other advice is welcome.

I typed
% ecasound -c -b:512 -f:16,2,44100 -i:jack -o test.wav
engine-launch,
connect Jack outputs to Ecasound inputs,
and started recording.

Thanks in advance.

---
Hiroshi TOMARU