I Need help to develop my own GUI

Subject: I Need help to develop my own GUI
From: dubphil_AT_free.fr
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 19:41:04 EET

Hello,

I use ecasound to split an audio stream in four frequencies low mid-low mid-high
and high in order to get 4 outputs and I need to control the ecasound filters
with a quick view of the frequencies setting in realtime by midi.
My need is very simple, I just need a simple GUI to control ecasound : it would
have a graph to tweak the frequencies in order to get the best result in
splitting the stream (static values are not suitable to all streams). Something
important is that the frequencies shouldn't overlap themselves I need a GUI
similar to the graph part of Jamin. I would only need the X axis moving with
the graph divided in 4 part. It would be great if I could save settings in a
file and load it when I need it :)
Do you think this task would be accessible to a GUI newbie programmer ? Where
should I look first to begin (website, documentation...etc) ? any help would be
very apreciated as I'm a little bit lost.

Best regards

Philippe