Re: [ecasound] more potential fixes/features

Subject: Re: [ecasound] more potential fixes/features
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 00:49:29 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote on Sun, 24-Oct-2004:

> This is now fixed in CVS. I've added a new
> 'int-set-float-to-string-precision' EIAM command that allows to control
> precision of float-2-text conversions. This doesn't affect all conversions
> in libecasound, but covers most user-visible ones. And especially this
> affects last_float() of the C ECI implementation.

Works well Kai, thanks!

On a different topic, working realtime SRC (when either the input or output
is a file, and the other endpoint is RT) would be extremely useful. I've been looking into
how it might work with your design, but it is not a clean fit.
It seems we'll want to use the more advanced api from libsamplerate,
at the very least, plus some more buffer state.....

Do you have any thoughts about this?

jlc