Re: [ecasound] more potential fixes/features

Subject: Re: [ecasound] more potential fixes/features
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 13:42:09 EEST

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Jesse Chappell wrote:

> Well, any of the C-based ECI api's (most of them) still communicate
> entirely through well-formed-string IPC with the ecasound subprocess,
> and the return values used there still use the same float->string formatting
[...]
> Does this make the configurable decimal formatting option more
> of a high priority? :)

This is now fixed in CVS. I've added a new
'int-set-float-to-string-precision' EIAM command that allows to control
precision of float-2-text conversions. This doesn't affect all conversions
in libecasound, but covers most user-visible ones. And especially this
affects last_float() of the C ECI implementation.

Additionally, on startup the C ECI implementation sets the precision to
17 digits (i.e. the full range of 64bit doubles). Otherwise the default is
set to UI-friendly value of 3 digits.

Let me know if you notice some problems in these changes.