One chain, multiple "run" calls = bad output length

Subject: One chain, multiple "run" calls = bad output length
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 18:27:40 EEST

(bump)

Kai, now that you're back among the living on this list ;-)
I'll repeat some observations of a few days ago. Any clues here?
I'd like to know whether re-using one chain for multiple "run" calls,
with different output files for each call, is supposed to work.
AFAICT it does not.

i.e. the following sort of works - it gives no errors, and foo-out.wav is
correct, but the length of bar-out.wav is incorrect by some
unpredictable amount (but it's consistent across runs).
Same is true if I repeat the cycle with more output files;
all files except the first one will have drastically wrong
size.

 # write two slices of foo-in.wav to foo-out.wav and bar-out.wav
 cs-add main_chainsetup
 c-add main_chain
 ai-add foo-in.wav
 ao-add foo-out.wav
 cs-set-length-samples 12345
 ai-select foo-in.wav
 ai-set-position-samples 6789
 cs-connect
 run
 cs-disconnect
 ai-select foo-in.wav
 ai-remove
 ao-select foo-out.wav
 ao-remove
 ai-add foo-in.wav
 ao-add bar-out.wav
 cs-set-length-samples 12345 # doesn't come out that way
 ai-select foo-in.wav
 ai-set-position-samples 6789
 cs-connect
 run
 cs-disconnect
 ai-select foo-in.wav
 ai-remove
 ao-select foo-out.wav
 ao-remove
 c-select main_chain
 c-remove

This next version works perfectly, all files have the correct output
length. The only difference is removing and then re-adding the chain.

 # write two slices of foo-in.wav to foo-out.wav and bar-out.wav
 cs-add main_chainsetup
 c-add main_chain
 ai-add foo-in.wav
 ao-add foo-out.wav