iam mode usage question

Subject: iam mode usage question
From: pelican anacapa (pystanis_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 19:00:12 EEST

I have been using ecasound for very simple recording
since rh7 with oss. A recent migration to fedora core
2 has introduced me to alsa, jack and other goodies.

Setup is intel pc, sblive, behringer eurorack mx602a
mixer, and a couple of different mics to record nylon
string guitar.
I use lilypond to do all the backing, drums, bass,
and then timidity to get a wav file. I havent
done any mixing with ecasound as yet.

Modified a script to use alsa. For some reason I did
not have a colon after the -d which caused a weird
message in iam but figured that one out.

ecasound -c -d:1 -ev \
           -b:256 -r -f:16,2,44100 \
           -a:1 -i alsahw,0,0 \
           -a:1 -o $OUTFILE

I would like to try using iam by entering the various
parts of whats above bit by bit; Not sure what the
sequence of commands should be but this is what I have
tried and it seems to be working. I would like to
see a more complete or correct example.

ecasound -c

ecasound ('h' for help)>

ai-add alsahw,0,0