still having problems with no sound with os drivers

Subject: still having problems with no sound with os drivers
From: Scott Berry (scott_AT_drscott.dyndns.biz)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 18:48:24 EET

Hi there list,

I am trying to record my keyboard from a line in to ecasound. when I
perform the following command everything sets up right but I get no audio
at all. The command I use is:

"ecasound -i:/dev/dsp0 -o test.wav." When I play test.wav I get
absolutely nothing. I don't hear anything and I am positive that I have
everything hooked up. I am using the Os sound drivers on a Debian system
with a Sound Blaster sound card with the jacks in the back. The keyboard
is plugged in to the second jack from the left as you are facing the front
of the computer. I am desperately needing some help here as I have just
created a couple of songs and need to remove them from my kehyboards
memory. If anyone can help me I would certainly appreciate it.