Re: Re: [ecasound] Visecas 0.3.1 CRASH

Subject: Re: Re: [ecasound] Visecas 0.3.1 CRASH
From: Jan Weil (jawebada_AT_mailbox.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 23:21:42 EET

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 21:54, bart_AT_solozone.com wrote:

[snip GNOME problems]

I've been using Red Hat at office and Debian at home for quite a while
now.
I've never experienced such problems.
Maybe they are specific to SUSE?

[snip Visecas' backtrace]

OK, I think I can help.

Since this is the first release Visecas assumes that your Ecasound
preferences file has a certain format.
This seems not to be the case here.

Could you please cat your ~/.ecasound/ecasoundrc file?
And I will make sure that the next release comes with reasonable
defaults where necessary. :)

> As you can see the error is in ruby interface and not in
> gda although that is what faulted, too in 'make'.
> I will recompile. If you want I will send the whole output of 'make'

The 'crash' seems not to be related to that one.
So if you want me to comment on this issue send it otherwise don't.

Jan