Re: [ecasound] cs-option -B:*

Subject: Re: [ecasound] cs-option -B:*
From: Jan Weil (Jan.Weil_AT_web.de)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 08:33:26 EET

Kai, I understand the concept of buffering profiles.

The question remains: If I set the buffering mode explicitly (using
cs-option) why isn't the status of the chainsetup affected immediately?

An example:

jan_AT_pompidou:~$ ecasound -c -i snd/mp3/loop_ifa.mp3
* ecasound v2.3.2 (C) 1997-2003 Kai Vehmanen
- [ Session created ]
- [ Chainsetup created (cmdline) ]
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-status
### Chainsetup status ###
Chainsetup (1) "command-line-setup" [selected]
 -> Objects: 1 inputs, 1 outputs, 1 chains
 -> State: valid (can be connected)
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-option -B:rt
(eca-chainsetup-parser) Buffering mode 'rt' selected.
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-status
### Chainsetup status ###
Chainsetup (1) "command-line-setup" [selected]
 -> Objects: 1 inputs, 1 outputs, 1 chains
 -> State: valid (can be connected)
              ^^^^^^^

I would expect either '-B:rt' here or the corresponding buffering
options instead.

Jan