Re: [ecasound] ecanormalize

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecanormalize
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 03:00:02 EET

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 bart_AT_solozone.com wrote:

> I also get error in ecanormalize latest version 2.3.2

There hasn't been any changes to ecanormalize since 2.2.0 (Oct/2002), so
the problem is probably caused by something else than the upgrade to 2.3.2

[...]
> bart_AT_linux:~/normal> ecanormalize -h
> Unexpected interrupt... cleaning up.
> bart_AT_linux:~/normal> ecanormalize --help
> Unexpected interrupt... cleaning up.

That's not supported - ecanormalize doesn't understand any options. Issue
plain "ecanormalize", without arguments, to get a small usage help.

> bart_AT_linux:~/normal> ecanormalize *.wav
> (ecasoundc_sa) Error='read() error', cmd='' last_error='' cmd_cnt=1 last_cnt=0.

Make sure it is using the correct ecasound binary:

ecasound --version
--> should report 2.3.2; if not, try:
ECASOUND=/usr/local/bin/ecasound ecanormalize foo.wav
--> replace /usr/local with the corect prefix if needed