Re: [ecasound] record only part of session

Subject: Re: [ecasound] record only part of session
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 00:01:55 EET

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

> How can I write only part of a session to an output file?

Route all chains to a single loop device "-a:all -o loop,1" and
then use the crop-gate (-gc:start-time,len) to select the range:

ecasound -a:tr1 -i foo.wav \
         -a:tr2 -i bar.wav \
         -a:tr1,tr2 -o loop,1 \
         -a:crop -i loop,1 -gc:10,30 -o output.wav

> >From reading the docs on .ewf it looks like this is only possible for
> input. i.e the docs say:

This is true. Many of the ewf-attributes would make sense also for
outputs, but support for these is just not done. :( There is an active
development item (edi-20: Ewf-v2 format) for this, but the work has
not progressed much.