rcalsasound stop

Subject: rcalsasound stop
From: bart_AT_solozone.com
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 03:58:17 EET

Since upgrading to SuSE 9.0 it is much worse. In control center for kde I have disabled atrs server on start up.
 i re boot to re do alsaconf and that now plays only in my headphones not in the speakers as before. i cannot stop rcalsasound bercause it says on EXIT
alsasound .... failed (in red color!)
and this mind you is at shutdown -h now!
Anything that starts the sound locks it up.
My mobo is an asus p4c800-e deluxe with an on board ac97 which is disabled in the bios. The asus driver FAILS to compile and needs full kernel sources besides!
It does no longer seem to be an eca problem since i have removed it with YAST and I still can't get it to work.
Bart Alberti
bart_AT_solozone.com