Question about Interfaces

Subject: Question about Interfaces
From: Jim Ramsay (i.am_AT_jimramsay.com)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 05:27:44 EEST

I am curious why the "object oriented" interfaces to ecasound (like the
C++ and python ones) do not provide a more object-oriented idiom for
accessing chains, inputs, outputs, effects, etc?

For example, why not have a chain as an object, and a chainsetup as a
container of chains? This to me seems to be a much more useful view of
the actual data being used. There is obviously some sort of internal
data structure in ecasound, so why not give programmers direct access to
this instead of effectively forcing a C++ programmer to write a script
of ECI commands?

I may try to write a different C++ or python interface to ecasound which
implements my dream... any help or advice would be welcome!

--
Jim Ramsay
i.am_AT_jimramsay.com