Re: Re: [ecasound] Coding for ecasound

Subject: Re: Re: [ecasound] Coding for ecasound
From: bart_AT_solozone.com
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 03:17:46 EEST

OUtput
echo aio-register | ecasound -c | grep jack
is
7. JACK interface, regex: (^jack$)| (^jack_alsa$) |
(^jack_auto$) | (^jack_generic$), params: label

I suppose that is what is desired. Whence then the
behavior? ice1712 with M-Audio Buddy, SuSE 8.1.

Cheerio, bart_AT_solozone.com

> From: Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx>
> Date: 2003/10/03 Fri PM 01:36:18 PDT
> To: ecasound-list_AT_wakkanet.fi
> CC: bart_AT_solozone.com
> Subject: Re: [ecasound] Coding for ecasound
>
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 bart_AT_solozone.com wrote:
>
> > I too add my input. I want to check to see if there is
> > CLIPPING, using meterbridge or ecasignalview, and then
> > STOP and output "you must record again". This seems to
be
> > in the spirit of Mr Nolan Darilek's question.
>
> Add a "-evp" operator to each chain and periodically
query the peak value.
> If the peak equals to 1.0 (or is very close to it), the
chain is clipping.
> For an example, see ecasound/ecatools/ecasignalview.cpp.
The basic idea
> is:
>
> cop-add -evp
> copp-select 1
> value = copp-get
> if (value > 0.95):
> print "Signal clipping!"
>
> ... if the chain has multiple channels, you need to
query the peak value
> for each channel separately (copp-select 1 + copp-get,
copp-select 2,