Re: [ecasound] Segfault when removing jack_alsa

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Segfault when removing jack_alsa
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 23:23:30 EEST

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Nolan J. Darilek wrote:

> Here is a reproducable transcript of a session that crashes ecasound
> every time I try it.

Hmm, I might be missing something, but I can't see the commands you've
issued anywhere in the post. ;)

> ecasound ('h' for help)> ecasound ('h' for help)> ecasound ('h' for
> help)> (eca-controller) Removing selected audio input "jack_alsa" from
> selected chains.
> Segmentation fault

Hmm, there seems to be some problems with cleaning up sessions that use
JACK. You could try with the exact same setup and procedure, but replace
'jack_alsa' with 'rtnull'. If the segfault disappears, then the problem is
with libjack usage.

> Also, is there a reason that ecasound's argument parsing in iam is
> different than from the command line? I.e. I can do '-i jack_alsa'
> from the command line, but only '-i:jack_alsa' works in the iam.

Hmm, I guess that is not very consistent. The reason behind is that the
Ecasound command-line parses combines all '-X something' constructs into
'-X:something' before giving the options for the parser. But, but, I
guess you could do also in EIAM...