Re: [ecasound] DBC_CHECK failed

Subject: Re: [ecasound] DBC_CHECK failed
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 23:18:23 EEST

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Daniela wrote:

> When I use ecasound for simple audio recording, I get these strange messages:

Does playback work ok?

> (libkvutils) kvu_rtcaps: warning! POSIX_MEMLOCK not supported
> Warning: DBC_CHECK failed - "sizeof(long int) == sizeof(off_t)",
> eca-fileio-stream.cpp, 159.
> I'm using FreeBSD 4.9 Pre-Release.

That means that some assumptions I've made in the code are not true
on the platform you are running. What kind of machine are you using (x86,
sparc, 32/64bit)?

> The .wav file I wanted to create is there, but it contains only silence.

That is usually caused by problems in soundcard operation. Does
"cat </dev/dsp >foo.raw" create a non-null 'foo.raw' file?