zombified, xruns while multi channel recording

Subject: zombified, xruns while multi channel recording
From: Hirendra Hindocha (hiren_hindocha_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 03:45:51 EEST

Hello,

I finally got RH9, Delta 1010LT, Jack, ALSA and Ecasound working
together recording channels to individual files using -

ecasound -f:32,1,44100 -z:db,1000000 -b:8192 -G:jack,ecasound,recv \
-a:1 -i jack -o ch3.mp3 \
-a:2 -i jack -o ch7.mp3 \
-a:3 -i jack -o ch8.mp3

but now I'm running into another problem -
After recording for a few minutes, ecasound exits with the
following -

(audioio-mp3) Starting to encode ch3.mp3 with lame.
(audioio-mp3) Starting to encode ch7.mp3 with lame.
(audioio-mp3) Starting to encode ch8.mp3 with lame.
zombified - calling shutdown handler
- [ Controller/Batch processing finished ]
---------------------------------
- [ Engine exiting ]
(eca-controller) Disconnecting chainsetup:
"command-line-setup".
- [ Chainsetup disconnected ]
(audioio-jack-manager) Connection closed!

and JACK outputs the following message -

delay of 19678.000 usecs exceeds estimated spare time of
17969.000; restart ...

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.528 msecs

client ecasound error: awake_at = 169502960894 state = 2
timed_out = -1

I'm running RH9 , Planet CCRMA's low latency RH9 patched kernel ,
Alsa 0.9.4 CVS , Jack 0.8 , ecasound 2.3 , delta 1010LT and I
currently have 3 audio sources attached to the delta card. I
intend to increase the audio sources to 8 or 10 after I'm able to
successfully record for 24 hours without any premature exits.

I've tuned the HD , increased ecasound's buffer, run it as root .
What else should I be doing ? Any suggestions ?

Kai, thank you for a nifty program.

--
Hiren