Re: [ecasound] SuperEcasound (was: Re: Music-specific features)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] SuperEcasound (was: Re: Music-specific features)
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 09:47:47 EEST

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:13:45 -1000
Joel Roth <jroth_AT_mauigateway.com> wrote:

> > allright. here is a start:
> >
> > http://www.iki.fi/jhalttun/dist/secasound-0.1.tar.gz
> >

> > currently it's only rudimentary wrapper of EIAM with marker support and inline documentation thrown in.
>
> Hmm. I don't seem to have distutils.core in my (debian) python distribution.
> Will have to wait till I get back.

yes, it needs at least python 2.0 to maybe even 2.2 version. (can't remember when short dictionary referrals were added, and laziness is abundant)

> My start is at:
>
> http://tiki.net/~jroth/ecmd-0.20.tar.gz
>
> Please have a look!
>
> It generates all .ecs files and version numbers needed for a recording session
> based on a simple 'session' file each with one or more multitrack recording
> setups. A command line shuttles among various recording and playback modes,
> unmasking setups as needed. Effects can be added to the session file using a
> text editor at any time since the file is re-read on each command iteration.

yep, took a brief look. seems to do the same sort of thing that ecasetupedit does. ofcourse it would have been easily to use ecasound-iam and then save the ecs, but realisation of that came only after the generator was implemented! oh well.

ecmd seems to have intuitive concepts.

janne