Re: [ecasound] SuperEcasound (was: Re: Music-specific features)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] SuperEcasound (was: Re: Music-specific features)
From: Joel Roth (jroth_AT_mauigateway.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 22:13:45 EEST

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 01:17:57AM +0300, janne halttunen wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:39:09 +0300 (EEST)
> Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:
[...]
> > Now personally I'm going to continue concentrating on maintaining and
> > improving the Ecasound core, so I won't have time to start SuperEcasound
> > development. But I sure welcome anyone to start work on the project!
>
> allright. here is a start:
>
> http://www.iki.fi/jhalttun/dist/secasound-0.1.tar.gz
>

> currently it's only rudimentary wrapper of EIAM with marker support and inline documentation thrown in.

Hmm. I don't seem to have distutils.core in my (debian) python distribution.
Will have to wait till I get back.

My start is at:

http://tiki.net/~jroth/ecmd-0.20.tar.gz

Please have a look!

It generates all .ecs files and version numbers needed for a recording session
based on a simple 'session' file each with one or more multitrack recording
setups. A command line shuttles among various recording and playback modes,
unmasking setups as needed. Effects can be added to the session file using a
text editor at any time since the file is re-read on each command iteration.

--
Joel Roth