fdisk prolific

Subject: fdisk prolific
From: Bart Alberti (bart_AT_solozone.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 16:55:25 EEST

I just lost another USB key chain device. it was a Prolific 067 (vendor). I
did fdisk in Linux and set the id to "6" DOS FAT thinking that was most
stable. I did the format in Windows 98 SE and now nothing sees it (I dual
boot). Once again I ask if there is anywhere a universal low level format
utility for these devices. Nothing sees them and they do not beep as usual
when they were working right. There was a message in fdisk about DOS 6.0.
gparted fails also.
The output of /proc is currently irrelevant.

Bart Alberti
bart_AT_solozone.com