Re: [ecasound] Anyone using Audio::Ecasound?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Anyone using Audio::Ecasound?
From: justin (justinrosander_AT_access-4-free.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 10:11:27 EEST

I just ignored 'make test'. it splattered, yes, but ignoring it helped me
find what worked. I ran the test scripts in the eg/ directory, and found
that everything but 'raw_int.pl' spits out the following garbage:

last_type() returned unexpected type <-> at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux-thread-multi/Audio/Ecasound.pm
line 206

'raw_int.pl' works nicely, so I used the syntax in that style of scripting and
achieved nice results. I don't know why only using ':std' works, but that's
fine with me. I'm no perl-monger, so I'll only take what works and go with
it. :)

I personally wouldn't say you're useless. I like what you put together. :)
It's pretty cool, and I think I may like to give it a go at an upcoming event
I'm playing at. Studying how 'raw_int.pl' is written, I'll probably use
something like:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use ExtUtils::testlib;

use strict;

#CHAIN1
use Audio::Ecasound ':std';

command("cs-add chain1");
command("c-add 1");
command("-i:song_1.ewf");
command("-o:alsa,ens1371");
command("cs-connect");
if(error()) {
    die "Setup error\n\n"
                            . last_error();
}
command("start");
while (1) {
    sleep(1);
    command("engine-status");
    last if last_string() ne "running";

}
command("stop");
command("cs-disconnect");
#CHAIN2
command("cs-add chainsetup2");
command("c-add 1");
command("-i:song_2.ewf");
command("-o:alsa,ens1371");
command("cs-connect");
if(error()) {
    die "Setup error\n\n"
                           . last_error();
}
command("start");
while (2) {
    sleep(1);
    command("engine-status");
    last if last_string() ne "running";

}
command("stop");
command("cs-disconnect");

print "Chain operator status: ", last_string();

Fairly straightforward. I've tested it on a couple sample files, and it works
pretty seamlessly. I'll have an offset argument in the *.ewf files, so there
will be ample time for transition and whatnot. It should go quite well. The
event is on August 5th for National Night Out, in case you're wondering. My
church is putting something together for that, so I will be doing about a
half hour solo concert that evening. Sooo, there may be a possibility of
ecasound going 'live' as my backup band. :)
take care.

--
"I drank what?"
  --Socrates