Re: [ecasound] Anyone using Audio::Ecasound?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Anyone using Audio::Ecasound?
From: Brad Bowman (eca_AT_bowman.bs)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 07:06:19 EEST

Hi,

I don't know of anyone could be using it since it won't even install
for me with ecasound 2.2.

Audio::Ecasound hasn't been updated since ecasound 2.0 and
I think there's been biggish changes to library linking.
Some files have been renamed, even with that fixed
'make test' splatters... perhaps just because the output
format has changed. I don't yet know.

You could use A::E with an old version but I don't recommend it.
Especially since starting & stopping recording shouldn't be
too difficult to automate by other means.

> I'm mainly interested in using perl to automate processes for recording/ live
> performance purposes, and if anyone is using for that at all, I'd like to
> hear about it, perhaps glean some advise.....

FYI you can ignore the missing ecasoundc-config during
"perl Makefile.PL" and need to change Ecasound.xs:

  /* #include <ecasound/ecasoundc.h> */
  #include <libecasoundc/ecasoundc.h>

This will at least make for you.

Brad

--
 Lord Naoshige said, "The Way of the Samurai is in desperateness. Ten
 men or more cannot kill such a man. Common sense will not accomplish