Re: [ecasound] Re: [Jackit-devel] Using a second device

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: [Jackit-devel] Using a second device
From: Anthony (avan_AT_uwm.edu)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 23:38:58 EEST

* Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi> [May 31 03 15:18]:
> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Anthony wrote:
>
> > This works great. I just tried:
> > ecasound jack_auto,metro -o alsa,default
> [...]
> > Maybe I don't understand jack_auto, but I would of expected to hear this
> > in the left channel, not the right.
>
> And you should. I did the same test and the metronome is on the left.Check
> the connections with "jack_lsp -c" (and you cables :)).

Indeed ;) I forgot I just rewired everything. ta.

> Anyway, the whole syntax is 'jack_auto,client'. It causes ecasound to
> register a set of JACK ports and connect those to the ports of 'client'.
> You can change the number of ports/channels registered with ecasound -f
> option:

Could you explain what is going on internally? I take it there is some
buffering going on? Can this be tweaked in the usual way? I haven't
tried anything serious with this, say routing from ardour. I suppose
you certainly want to make the samplerates match to avoid the
overhead. Anyway, great stuff as usual Kai.

--ant