Re: [ecasound] ecawave compilation error with gcc-3.2

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecawave compilation error with gcc-3.2
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 16:27:44 EEST

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> s/assert.h/cassert/
> Apparently it's better to use #include <cassert>

Yup, <cassert> is the official C++ way to import assert headers.
One catch is that all C++ symbols are in the std namespace, so you need to
access them using std:: prefix (like std::prefix). To add to the
confusion, if you import using C headers (like assert.h) the symbols are
in global space and you not need the std:: prefix. On the other hand older
gcc versions accepted uses like assert without the std:: prefix even if
imported with <cassert>. So quite a mess.

Btw; I just installed gcc-3.3 to my machine and will test and fix
     any bugs in ecasound, ecawave and ecamegapedal source trees with it.