Re: [ecasound] dropouts with -ei parameter (pitch shifting).

Subject: Re: [ecasound] dropouts with -ei parameter (pitch shifting).
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 00:24:47 EEST

On Sat, 10 May 2003, oliver thuns wrote:

>>>with -ei:100 it should sound like the original wav file, but it does
>>>not. it is very noticeable and sounds bad.
> strange. i have a 1.6ghz pentium, should be enough. also it works with
> pd and readanysf~, which uses libsamplerate too. i can ask in the planet

Yes, definitely 1.6Ghz should be enough (although libsamplerate provides
different quality levels of which the highest are _very_ cpu-intensive).

But, but, I'd suggest trying without libsamplerate. The
ecasound-libsamplerate integration is not perfect yet, so there might be
something funny going on. I've discussed one known bug with Erik
(libsamplerate's author), but so far without a solution... So in other
words, if something goes wrong, please first try ecasound's native
resampler and see whether it behaves similarly.