Re: [ecasound] How to clean old 78 recordings

Subject: Re: [ecasound] How to clean old 78 recordings
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 00:29:50 EEST

On Mon, 12 May 2003 gilles_AT_harfang.homelinux.org wrote:

> I've musical recordings from the twenties (already digitized), and I'd like to
> remove as much as possible of the noise.
[...]
> Could someone please tell me whether ecasound can be used to achieve that; and,
> in the affirmative, how I can proceed?

You can, but there are other apps, better suited for this specific task
available (especially GWC and Gramofile). See

http://gwc.sourceforge.net/
http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/
http://home.snafu.de/wahlm/dl8hbs/declick.html
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~mjkoskin/

You should also ask about this on the linux-audio-user list. This topic
has been discussed there a few times...

http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/subscribelau.php3