Re: [ecasound] dropouts with -ei parameter (pitch shifting).

Subject: Re: [ecasound] dropouts with -ei parameter (pitch shifting).
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 00:56:53 EEST

On Sun, 4 May 2003, oliver thuns wrote:

> ecasound -i test.wav -ei:100
[...]
> with -ei:100 it should sound like the original wav file, but it does
> not. it is very noticeable and sounds bad.

Hmm, how about "ecasound -i test.wav -o foo.wav -ei:100" and then
listening foo.wav. It could that your machine doesn't have any cpu power
to process -ei in real-time. If the file is ok, then it's something else.
I just tested on my own machine and -ei:100 works just fine (latest CVS).

> if i use jack as audio output and use -ei:200 the problem is even worse,
> it sounds totaly crappy.

This is a known feature. You cannot use -ei with JACK. This is a design
issue that cannot really be fixed. But, but, you can always use Steve's
pitchshifter LADSPA-plugins. They are FFT-based and will work just fine
with JACK.