Re: [ecasound] Re: [ecasound-announce] ecasound 2.2.3 released

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: [ecasound-announce] ecasound 2.2.3 released
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 01:04:33 EEST

> > Okay, I uploaded the new ecasound to Debian archive, it should be
> > installed now.
>
> Great! Btw; how do you, as a package maintainer, view this new "one
> release per two months" cycle that I've been following with the 2.2.x
> series?

I personally find this very useful.
Patches are included within a useful timeframe, and I don't completely
forget what I changed locally since the previous release.

With a very long release cycles, I have to somewhat fork the code,
and wait and see if the next release contains the patches.

regards,
        junichi