Re: [ecasound] JACK-Help needed!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] JACK-Help needed!
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 21:11:20 EEST

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Julien Patrick Claassen wrote:

> But when I started ecasound once and then stop again, I can connect them
> too. couldn't one implement a command, that activates those ports (by sending
> a little nothing through them or something like that). The the cs-position
> don't get messed up and you could still connect all ports beforehand. That

I think that's a bit too messy ('cs-start-without-actually-starting' :)).
Generally, if want to connect two JACK clients that care about current
position, you should use the JACK transport API. For instance, when you
start ecasound in transport slave mode, the cs-position will not change
after you issue 'start'. It will start moving once the master client
says so. As a result you get a position lock between the apps. I
think this is what you are aiming at.