Re: [ecasound] JACK-Help needed!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] JACK-Help needed!
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 00:12:01 EEST

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Julien Patrick Claassen wrote:

> I still have my jack-problem. I want to connect fluidsynth to ecasound. So I

A quick warning, I've haven't been able to get JACK versions newer than
0.50 working reliably with ecasound and other JACK apps I'm using.
Investigating this problem is on the top of my task list, but at the
moment I'm busy with other projects and cannot promise a quick solution.

> ecasound -i jack_auto,fluidsynth -o out.cdr

Try:

1. start fluidsynth
2. start ecasound wtih "ecasound -i jack -o out.cdr"
3. check the ports with "jack_lsp -c"
4. issue
     "jack_connect fluidsynth:left ecasound:in_1"
     "jack_connect fluidsynth:right ecasound:in_2"
5. make sure (from jack_lsp output) that the ports
   fluidsynth:left, fluidsynth:right, ecasound:in_1, ..
   really exist

That should work.

> This didn't work because fluidsynths outputs are named "left" and "right",
> not "out_1", "out_2". So I tried to use:

Not with 2.2.2 and older, but current CVS (and eventually 2.2.3) has
better jack_auto code that can handle arbitrary port names.