JACK-Help needed!

Subject: JACK-Help needed!
From: Julien Patrick Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 23:53:27 EEST

Hello all!
  I still have my jack-problem. I want to connect fluidsynth to ecasound. So I
tried:
  ecasound -i jack_auto,fluidsynth -o out.cdr
  This didn't work because fluidsynths outputs are named "left" and "right",
not "out_1", "out_2". So I tried to use:
  ecasound -i jack_generic -o out.cdr
  But then I couldn't connect the jack-ports. Because ecasounds ports weren't
properly there until I started record. Even a "cs-connect" didn't work in the
intended way. So what do I do now?
  I need to have the ports connected right from the start, because I wanna do
a realtime multitrack-recording and I have to be in sync with the other
tracks.
 There's maybe a bug or problem. I tried connecting a whole chainsetup with
two chains (the other had a .cdr-file as inbput and jack_alsa as out). When I
started playing, I couldn't reset the position of the .cdr-input-file to zero
again. Although I tried with cs-setpos, ai-select -> ai-setpos. It didn't
complain, but it didn't do the work either. Any idea?
  Any help on this is very much appreciated. Thanks!
  Kindest regards
         Julien

Julien Patrick Claassen
jclaassen_AT_gmx.de