the -ev effect thing

Subject: the -ev effect thing
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_maoz.com)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 11:08:17 EEST

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before, and probably by me, but I was doing a
mixdown and started looking at the output (all of it) from the -ev
effect--previously I had been looking at the last content line for
normalization infos. I have been traditionally backing off of its
suggested numbers because they result in clipped samples if you follow
them religiously, at least the did when I adopted my methodology

anyway, I was sortta understanding the output until the % numbers got over
100%--I was taking this to mean

of all the samples for this channel, x% of them peek at 0, 2, 4, 8, 16,
32, 64 etc

some even shoed -infin which shouldn't be, unless it is considering the
noise floor infin.

Now what do the pos and neg mean? and I'm assuming 0db is unity and -2 etc
is reduction by say 2db

If I am understanding this output correctly, it is allowing me to "see"
the graph curve.

_J