Re: [ecasound] re floating point exception

Subject: Re: [ecasound] re floating point exception
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 23:00:26 EEST

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, raoul.megelas wrote:

>> Hmm, does the configure process fail...? :o It should go through fine
>> even though mlockall is not found (although you will get the "can't lock
> in config.h i found:
> #define HAVE_MLOCKALL 1
> #define HAVE_MUNLOCKALL 1
> after configure command.

Hmm, that's strange. I just tested on a FreeBSD-4.8/alpha machine and
ecasound's configure did not find mlockall(). Based on FreeBSD man pages
this is the correct result (mlockall() not implemented).

Anyways, if ecasound does compile, I think this your fine even though you
get the "(libkvutils) kvu_rtcaps: warning! POSIX_MEMLOCK not supported"
error messages.

>>> ecasound -c -i:somefile.wav -o:/dev/dsp
>>> floating point exception handling.

This is hopefully now solved. This is caused by floating point exceptions.
In Linux these are ignored by default, but FreeBSD kernel delivers these
to the application. And as ecasound up to now had no handler for them, it
coredumped when it got an fp exception. I've now committed fixes to this
to CVS. Can you test running "gmake check" in the top-level ecasound
source-tree (with ecasound CVS, or 2.2.3 that I'll release soon)?

PS Big thanks to Petri Paavola for giving me access to his
   FreeBSD machine so I could debug this!