Re: [ecasound] .ecs file format?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] .ecs file format?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 18:25:06 EEST

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Al Oomens wrote:

> I have searched through the docs and tutorials, and
> looked though a lot of the mailing list archives, and
> I can't find an explainantion of the format for .ecs
> files. I've reached the point where I am trying to

Yep, .ecs should be documented better. In any case the format is quite
straightforward as .ecs files are parsed with the same parser as are
command-line options. So shortly put: .ecs file is a sequence of
command-line options. Like when parsing command-line args, order does
count.

Only difference is that "global options" (see ecasound(1) man page)
cannot be used in .ecs files, but this is pretty obvious if you take a
look at what those options are (-c, -C, -D, -q, ...).

> Can the chain setup be on multiple lines? I assume all
> the examples, which show a '\' at the end of each line
> are examples of command line use, correct?

Yes, you don't need to use '\' in .ecs files.