Re: [ecasound] ecasignalview again ...

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasignalview again ...
From: Carsten Bauer (cbauer-@t-online.de)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 20:46:28 EEST

Hi Kai,

> the correct version. The 2.2.0- ecasignalview...
>
> - has no -c option (i.e. no separate cumulative-mode)
> - definitely has ascii-bar graphics :)
> - looks like this:
> http://www.eca.cx/screenshots/ecasound-2.2.0-pre4_ecasignalview.png

this indeed looks differnet from the thing I get.
However, I use ecasound 2.2.1, which I downloaded recently. It compiled
smoothly, so I thought all was well.

$> ecasignalview --version produces:
* ecasignalview, v20021028-5
* (C) 1999-2002 Kai Vehmanen, released under GPL licence
So I have the new version, but still the old screen appears. Now I guess that
the problems can be traced to those f******* ncurses. Although I installed
ncurses + devel package, I still get
checking for main in -lncurses... (cached) no
checking for main in -ltermcap... (cached) no
from the configure script. Interestingly, when installing the ncurses devel
package (from the Suse 8.1 distr.) the newly installed "ncurses.h" is simply
a link to curses.h. Strange.

But anyway, its not and eca-problem, it's just my system which doesn't produce
the right requirements. At the moment, this is all a bit too much for me, but
I not giving up yet.
Thanks again !!

Carsten