SOLVED: Re: [ecasound] problems compiling 2.2.2

Subject: SOLVED: Re: [ecasound] problems compiling 2.2.2
From: Jan Stary (stare_AT_ns.arachne.cz)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 10:20:47 EEST

I only want to confirm that this works for me with the current CVS,
with python wiped out.

Thanks!

Jan

On Apr 03 19:08:48, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
:On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Jan Stary wrote:
:
:> Well, running just ./configure --enable-sys-readline (and saying nothing
:> about python or alsa) makes the script detect thing correctly (alsa present,
:> python not present), as you say. Then, 'make' tries to compile ALSA (and
:> succeeds), and does not try to compile pyecasound. That's right. But ...
:[...]
:> ... but after compiling ALSA and not compiling Python, it tries to
:> _install_ the (not compiled) Python stuff, and (surprise) fails.
:
:Yup, this is a new issue. I put a fix to this to CVS yesterday (will be in
:2.2.3).
:
:> Summarized: the ./configure script, when run 'properly' (ie, not
:> specifying the buggy --{enable,disable}-{alsa,pyecasound} ) produces
:
:These enable/disable problems are also fixed in CVS.
:
:> It seems the build system needs python to work properly, regardless of
:> whether you want pyecasound or not.
:
:I've verified the current CVS-tree on a machine with no python support,
:and it now seems to work. Thanks for the bug report(s)!
:
:--
: http://www.eca.cx
: Audio software for Linux!
:
:
:--
:To unsubscribe send message 'unsubscribe' in the body of the
:message to <ecasound-list-request_AT_wakkanet.fi>.