Re: [ecasound] cygwin and Ctrl-C

Subject: Re: [ecasound] cygwin and Ctrl-C
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 21:13:31 EET

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, smoerk wrote:

>> Works fine on one win2000 machine I tested with? What version of
>> cygwin/win32? Signal handling was one area that needed extra work for
> windows 2000 with a fresh cygwin install (one week old).

Few notes about cygwin-ecasound issues: I've traced down the
excessive-cpu-usage problem to cygwin's nanosleep() implementation. As of
2.2.3, ecasound will use usleep() instead of nanosleep() on cygwin.

As for other problems, I only have access to a few win32 machines and on
those I can't reproduce these problems (signal handling, freezes), so
fixes are not likely any time soon. :(