Re: [ecasound] Reading from OSS device that does not support full duplex ?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Reading from OSS device that does not support full duplex ?
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 11:30:57 EET

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Kristof Pelckmans wrote:

> I'm trying to read an audio signal from my BT878 tv card into jack using
[...]
> ecasound -f:16,2,32000,i -i:/dev/dsp3 -o:jack
[...]
> (audioio-oss) Warning: OSS-device doesn't support SNDCTL_DSP_SETTRIGGER!
> (eca-control) ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling chainsetup:
> AUDIOIO-OSS: general OSS-error SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT"

I checked the driver code for BT-audio and it seems that DSP_SETFRAGMENT
is not implemented at all and returns an error code. As a quick hack, you
can either patch ecasound or the kernel. For ecasound:

ecasound/libecasound/audioio-oss.cpp:
- if (::ioctl(audio_fd, SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT, &fragsize)==-1)
- throw(SETUP_ERROR(SETUP_ERROR::buffersize, "AUDIOIO-OSS: general OSS-error SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT"));
+ ::ioctl(audio_fd, SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT, &fragsize);